Looking for ideas for your next Red Hatting get-together?
Click the sections for ideas, or scroll down the page to see them all
- Bag Lady Fashion Show
- Literal Fashion Show
- Mystery Dinner
- Mystery Escape Hunt Experience
- Scavenger Hunts
- Dress as your royal title – For a bit of fun have everyone dress up as something to do with their Royal title! So for example Countess Champagne might decorate her dress with champagne corks
- Calendar – Create a calendar at the end of the year from photos of your Chapter from throughout the year. You could even do a funny “sexy” calendar with each member taking on a month and having a glamorous photo shoot.
- Debutante Ball – for the ladies who haven’t had one, have a Red hatter one!
- Mystery Car trip – Carpool and follow in convoy to a mystery location (The leader knows where to go!)
- “Fake Wedding” – where you hold a wedding ceremony for fun
- Game show – Go on a gameshow like family Feud.
- Celebrate “0” birthdays – (60/70 etc.) and have a “Golduation” when turning 80
- 5 Year celebration – School uniform dressup event (kids go to school at 5)
- Bus Trip – Hire a bus and go on an outing together
- Fundraiser for charity
- Masquerade ball
Cafe/ Restaurant & “Going out” ideas:
- Yum Cha / Banquet / High Tea
- Icecream parlour or dessert only dinner
- Pj party in a Cafe/restaurant
- Go to the theatre/cinema
- Eating by the Alphabet – Pick a restaurant with a name starting with the letter “A”. Next outing pick one that starts with “B” and so on.
- Eating By numbers – Choose a number and try to incorporate that into your dinner as much as possible. For example if you choose number 7, you could pick a restaurant that has #7 as the street number, eating at 7pm, eating the 7th item on the menu or selecting items that cost $7 or have a 7 in the price etc.
- Progressive dinners – start your meal off at one venue, then move to a new venue for the next course.
- Valentines Dinner – bring husbands along
- See our printable “restaurant bill slips” to make splitting the bill easier!
- Go on a shopping spree tour to a discount outlet like DFO
- Go on a tour of local “Op Shops”
- Craft markets & Farmer’s markets
- Organise a Red Hatter swapmeet where Hatters get together to swap/trade/sell their unwanted Hatting goods
- Hot springs / Manicure & Pedicure / Makeovers / Day Spa (either at home or visit one)
- Glamour Photography shoot
- Hire out rooms at a hotel (that has a pool) and have a mini holiday
Gardens, Park & Outdoor ideas:
- Visit Botanical Gardens / zoo
- Picnic in a park
- Boat ride
- Peddle boats on a lake
- Go to the Horse races
Craft day or home based ideas:
- Craft days = Hats / fascinators / Sash / stoll / Jewellery making / Scrapbooking / Quilting
- Bra hat making – Have a craft day turning bras into hats. Place the centre chest part against your forehead and pin the ribcage straps to make a snug fit around your head. Sew this and cut off the shoulder straps. Use Pipecleaners sewn from the centre V point to the back of the head to add stability and a lattice crown you can decorate with a feather boa – then decorate the cups!
- “Pot Luck” / “bring a plate” meal (another idea is to bring food that fits with a theme or letter of the alphabet)
- Fashion Show
- White Elephant gift exchange / Book exchange
- Reminiscing party (bring old photo albums)
- Cooking day (each make a large portion of your favourite dish, enough for everyone to take home a portion of, so everyone leaves with several meals worth of new dishes to try)
- Show & Tell
- Pajama party & Movie Night
- Game Day (board games, trivia etc.)
Tours & Cultural Ideas:
- Brewery / Wine / Chocolate Tasting tour
- Visit a museum / art gallery / heritage building
- Cooking classes
- Craft Shows
- Mini Golf / Croquet / Bowling
- Ice skating / rollerskating
- Visit the snow
- Pool Party / Beach party / Dance party
- Dance lessons
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Horse riding
- African Safari / Zoo
- Ancient Mythology (Greek/Egyptian etc.)
- Arabian Nights / Aladdin / Bellydancers
- Cinderella / Snow White
- Countries & Cultures
- Eras – 1940s/1950s/1960s/1970s/1980s etc.
- Fairytale / Fantasy
- Halloween / Horror
- Mad Hatters Tea Party
- Mardi Gras
- Phantom of the Opera
- Pool Party
- Solve a Mystery
- Victorian / Steampunk
- Wizard of Oz