This is a lovely thing to give to a newly crowned Queen, a REDuated hatter or a new member.
This can be a box or bag filled with certain items that have special meaning. You may like to include a list of what the items mean so the recipient knows the significance of the items.
You can choose to use only certain items from the list (and the meanings) that you feel most appropriate. Some people give different meanings to some items, so I have included both meanings where I’ve seen more than one.
Red Hatter Survival Kit
- Address Book ~ Your Red Hat Sister’s are always here for you!
- Aspirin/Panadol ~ when all else fails – take two & call a Red Hat Sister!
- Ball – to remind you that life is a ball
- Band-Aid ~ to fix your hurt feelings
- Breath-mints ~ to remind you to “just breathe” | a reminder that you are worth a mint
- Button ~ To remind you that sometimes you need to “button your lips”
- Candle ~ when you feel in the dark | to remind you to let your inner light shine so that others can see the fun in being 50+.
- Chocolate ~ to remind you of the sweetness of family & friends | To remind you that life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re going to get
- Cotton Balls ~ for those times when you can’t hear yourself think
- Do Not Disturb Sign ~ to remind you that you need time to yourself
- Ear-Plugs ~ to remind you sometimes it’s important just to listen
- Eraser ~ to remind you that everyone makes mistakes
- Fly swatter – to slap yourself silly, if you ever get too serious
- Glitter ~ to add sparkle to your life & spread some on…
- Kazoo ~ don’t forget to toot your own horn
- Lifesavers ~ to save you from “one of those days”
- Lollipop ~ to remind you that you can lick all your problems
- Marbles ~ to replace the ones that you have lost & will lose
- Mirror ~ to remind you that you are very important too
- Nuts ~ to remind you to be a little nutty & laugh
- Paper-Clips ~ to remind you that you are an important link in others lives
- Peg – a reminder to “hang in there”
- Pen & Pad ~ to write down your thoughts before you forget them
- Penny ~ for your thoughts
- Purple bucket ~ just in case your hysterical laughter gets the best of you! (Please go behind bushes.)
- Pretzels ~ hugs from your Red Hat Sisters
- Roses ~ to remind you to smell the flowers along life’s way
- Red Glitter ~ To wish you Scarlet Sparkles!
- Red & Purple Feathers ~ to remind you that you can fly! | Something to “tickle your fancy”
- Red/Purple beads ~ To remind you to always dress up
- Red wax lips ~ to release your inner child
- Ribbon ~ a reminder that friendship ties hearts together
- Rubber-band ~ to remind you to be flexible, and stretch yourself beyond your limits
- Sampler of chocolate – to remind you that life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get, but knowing each other makes our lives sweeter.
- Smarties ~ To remind you that you get smarter with age
- Snack cake ~ to remember to indulge in the pleasures of life
- Starburst ~ to give you a burst of energy
- Sticker – a reminder to stick together and help each other
- String ~ to tie things together when everything falls apart | to tie up loose ends | For tying your memories together
- Sunflower seeds ~ so you can spit just because you feel like it
- Teabag ~ A reminder to sit back and relax from time to time
- Teddybear ~ So you’ll never be lost in the wilderness
- Toothpicks ~ to remind you to pick out the good in all situations