The 10 Red Hatter commandments:
- Thou shalt use thy Red Hat powers for good deeds (bring joy and laughter to all you meet).
- Thou shalt eat thy favorite foods, including chocolate. After all, diet is just a four letter word.
- Thou shalt be a kindred spirit in your sisterhood. Keep your confidences and friendships strong.
- Thou shalt put on the glitz! Wear purple glory, big red hats, flashy jewellry, and feathers: be a Dame!
- Thou shalt play. Be young in heart and mind and your body will follow – -at least most of the time!
- Thou shalt welcome the curious and explain the wonders of Red Hat to all who ask, especially small children and handsome men.
- Thou shalt accept the things you cannot change, big or small. We’re good at rolling with the punches.
- Thou shalt aspire to anything in life at any age. It’s never too late to skydive.
- Thou shalt honour thy age and the need to be a little bad.
- Thou shalt repeat the first nine commandments, over and over and over.
Red Hatter creed:
I will not walk softly, but I will carry a big stick.
I will laugh hard, loud, and often I will have fun, and play hard.
I will put all work and responsibilities off until tomorrow.
I will take time to smell the flowers.
I will never use the following words: “diet”, “exercise”, “fat”, “guilt”, “careful”, “slow”, “quiet”, “rules”, “laws”, “boundaries”, or “limits”.
I will never say “Shhhhhhhh”.
I will flaunt my red hat and purple dress.
I will not always endure the restraints of underwear.
I will eat chocolate excessively and unyieldingly.
I will learn to indulge myself in both familiar and unfamiliar ways
And will encourage Red Hat behavior.
by Lil’ Mz.Chevious (Carole Mebane, RHS Moll)