When Red Hat chapters get together for a communal gathering, new friendship are made and old ones strengthened. Let’s have more of them! Share your Hoots (Past or future) by sending us the details, photos and a write-up of the event, and we’ll feature it here!
Red Hatters, rally around your Queens and help them organise more of these events.
We all love a real “HOOT”!
- High Tea at Parliament – 18th Jan (Melbourne) - Ladies who lunch is hosting a high tea at Parliament. $25pp (Seniors). Booking early is essential ——————————— EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!!! ———————————
- Garden Party – Jan 19th (Kilmore) - Ladies of the North invite you to a Garden Party with a 4 course Long Lunch in Kilmore on the 19th Jan 2019 at 11.30am. Theme will be Flowers and Feathers. Prize for Best Dressed.
- All That Glitters Convention – 1-3 March 2019 - “ALL THAT GLITTERS” Convention - Weekend convention featuring a "Happy Days" themed dinner, Breakfast at Tiffany's themed dinner and Cherry Blossom themed buffet breakfast. As well as optional tours and workshops and vendor shopping opportunities.
- Red Hat Garage Sale & Games Day – 2nd Feb (Cairnlea) - The Ladies Who Lunch & Friends invite you to join us for a Red Hat Garage Sale (Buy/Sell/Swap) event with lots of shopping lunch and games! Shop ’til you Drop! Bring your unwanted Hatting gear to sell or swap with... Continue Reading →
- Champagne & Shopping morning – 8th March (Kilmore) - Exclusive to Red Hatters and friends on International Women’s Day You are invited to a morning of Champagne and Shopping on Friday, March 8th at 10.30a.m at Copella Fashion studio in Kilmore. This event will showcase the end of Summer... Continue Reading →
- Fashion Parade – 5th April (Epping) - ADVANCE NOTICE FOR APRIL 5, 2019 Wandering Wenches have planned a Fashion Parade for Friday April 5, 2019. It will be held at the Epping RSL. Please put it in your diaries and we will give you the information late... Continue Reading →
- Pre-Easter Cruise – 11th April (Lake Nagambie) - Rubies & Pearls of Kilmore are reviving their cruise on Lake Nagambie. Previously we have cruised pre-Christmas. Revival is for a pre-Easter day out. You are invited to book in for a Special two hour Red Hats Charter Cruise on... Continue Reading →
- Queen’s Council – Wed 1st May 2019 (Wodonga) - The 2019 Queen's Council will be held in Albury and hosted by Queen Linda Pauline. Details will be announced later in the year. Queen's Council events are open to Queens, Vice Queens, Queen Mothers and potential Queens.
- Aussie Red Hatting Birthday Lunch – July 25th (Kilmore) - Rubies and Pearls of Kilmore invite you to join them in celebrating 18 years of Red Hatting in Australia on July 25, 2019 at a Rock ‘n’ Roll themed party. Wear your “poodle” skirt, bobby socks and neck scarf in... Continue Reading →
- Hobart & South Australian Cruise! (2nd Jan 2020) - Come join us on a fabulous South Australian cruise - sailing from Melbourne to Hobart, Adelaide, including Kangaroo Island and Port Lincoln. 8 day cruise. Including special Coronation event!
(Click the Event Name for photos and descriptions of the events)
- Aussie Red Hat Day 2018 - The restaurant at the Growling Frog Golf Club was awash with a sea of purple and red on Wednesday 25th July. In attendance were 60 red hatters in all their glorious finery and glittering jewels to celebrate the 17th birthday of red hatting in Australia.
- Serendipity Sisters 19th Birthday Celebration - The Serendipity Sisters of Geelong turned 10 on 2nd August. 60 Red Hat Sisters from various Victorian Chapters joined them at the Waurn Ponds Hotel, to help celebrate.
- Queen’s Council 2018 - The 2018 Queen's Council event was held in Mt Eliza on Saturday 5th May, with a dinner at Steeples restaurant afterwards and ferry ride to Queenscliff the following day.
- Aussie Red Hat Day – Kilmore - To celebrate 16 years of Australian Red Hatting, Rubies and Pearls of Kilmore hosted a party on Thursday 27th July at Penny's Restaurant in Kilmore. Penny's is located in the heritage listed Old Kilmore Town Hall.
- Memories Thru The Ages Feb 2017 - A fabulous weekend of fun and friendship at the Memories Thru The Ages Convention! With a beach themed dinner, tours, hatmaking and linedancing workshops, Cowboy themed dinner and Mad Hatter breakfast!
- Christmas fun with the Down Under Scarlett Belles - The Down Under Scarlett Belles had a fun concert for their end of year celebration as well as and a Christmas lunch at Crown Conservatory restaurant!
- Cruise on Lake Nagambie – 2016 - Red hatters of Rubies & Pearls of Kilmore were host to 42 ladies from 7 Victorian chapters on a two hour cruise on Lake Nagambie. Due to the huge success of the day, it is planned to be an annual event.
- A Serendipties Day Out - The Serendipity Sisters went to Portarlington, to fellow Serendipity Lady Lor-D-Lite's (Lorraine) home. After a quick bite to eat, including the Red Velvet Cup Cakes with Purple Glitter Icing!! Lorraine's hubby (Rod) took us for a burn around their town, on his Honda Gold Star. We had such great fun
- Crowning of Our Queen – The Royal Ladies Of Riddells Creek - Sunday 23rd October. "The Royal Ladies Of Riddells Creek" chapter was formed. Noelene was Crowned "Queen Sapphire" & Julie was crowned "Vice Queen - Lady Of Jewels'. Queen Maureen & Pamela - Lady Laugh A Lot from The Borough Beauties of Greensborough performed the crowning.
- Golden Gadabouts meet Marilyn 2016 - Golden Gadabouts 2016. It was a cold and wet day but we had a great time having our picture taken with Marilyn Munroe when she visited Bendigo.
- Aussie Red Hat Day 2016 - Rubies and Pearls of Kilmore were hosts to ladies of the Bendigo Golden Gadabouts and the Meadow Larks from Meadow Heights to celebrate the birthday of Red Hatting in Australia on Monday 25th July.
- Queen’s Council 2016 - The 2016 Queen's Council (Queenathon) was held on 1st May in Wantirna. There were Queens/Vice Queens and representatives from 21 Chapters around Victoria.
- Arabian Nights & Majestic Days 2016 - 80 Hatters got together for a weekend of fun (and a little business). Starting with a ride on Puffing Billy and a picnic. Then an Arabian Nights themed dinner with bellydancers. Then finally down to business with the Queen's Council.
- Regional Red Hat Picnic 2016 - About 50 Red Hatters from all over Victoria converged on the lawns at the rear of Riverside Gardens Nursery at Emerald Bank, Kialla, near Shepparton for our annual Regional Red Hatter Picnic!
- Tasmanian Cruise 2016 - 25 Hatters from Australia and New Zealand cruised from Melbourne to Tasmania aboard the magnificent Golden Princess Cruise ship. Enjoying 6 days of fun and laughter! Scenic cruising at Wineglass bay, stopping in Port Arthur and Hobart before traveling back to the mainland with a stop at Phillip Island.
- Pirate Lunch 2015 - Over 60 Pirates from near and far gathered in Albury to celebrate Diva Queen Dianne of Decorum's 10 years as a Queen! With Pirate songs, fashion parade, burlesque dancers and lots of fun!
- Fashions Thru the Ages 2015 - The first night got off to a roaring start with canapés served in the foyer to the ladies all decked out in their finest roaring 20’s dresses and head pieces. Entering the ballroom the ladies were treated to a beautiful black n white decor with black and gold balloons above the dance floor and Gatsby posters all around.
- Regional Picnic 2015 - The third annual Regional Red Hat picnic at “Kidstown”, Shepparton was a huge success. The perfect autumn weather brought about 50 ladies to the event. Out came the lunches and coffees amid lots of happy chatter and laughs. Some hatters traveled up from Melbourne to join in the fun.
- The Today Show - The Today Show was broadcast from Bendigo’s Rosalind Gardens recently. Some Golden Gadabouts braved the early start and met with Richard Wilkins and Troy Cassar-Daley.
- Annual Melbourne Picnic 2014 - The annual Melbourne picnic held in Fitzroy Gardens. The weather was rather warm, but the ladies who braved the heat seemed to enjoy themselves! It was fantastic to meet everyone.
- Pacific Pearl Cruise 2014 - When 45 Red Hatters sailed from Melbourne, the ship immediately came alive with colour, much to the delight of fellow passengers and crew.
- Regional Picnic 2014 - What started as a dreary, rainy day soon became fine and sunny. Tables and chairs were set up amid much excitement and chatter. Some ladies opted for a camel or miniature train ride which was great fun.
- Regional Picnic 2013 - What a wonderful day we had! We really splashed colour over Kidstown with over 50 Hatters, from many chapters, getting together for a fun day. “Let’s do this again next year”, was the cry.
- Annual Melbourne Picnic 2013 - Luckily for us, the rain cleared for a few hours. Ladies from Warrnambool joined the throng, making new friends and sharing their chapter news. Let’s hope that the weather is better for us in 2014.
- Hobart Hoot 2013 -
- Mornington Hoot 2013 -
- Bendigo Goldrush 2012 -
- Annual Melbourne Picnic 2012 - The weather was perfect and so we were able to mix and to celebrate Red Hatting. Monies raised by raffle sales started the fund to host the Victorian website. It was voted that annual picnics continue.
- Central Victorian Hoot 2010 - Ladies from six chapters enjoyed lunch at the Foundry Hotel. Elle, Queen Raz Matazz brought along her Red Hat merchandise for sale. The noise from 48 Red Hatters was enormous!!